“Drop Savers” Poster Contest Winners Announced
St. Lucie County School Students Create Water Conservation Messages
SAINT LUCIE COUNTY, Florida – St. Lucie County school students in grades K-12 were invited to create a poster depicting a water conservation idea in the “Drop Savers” Poster Contest. Winners were announced on April 12 at Port St. Lucie City Council Meeting.
The contest teaches elementary-aged school children, and reminds middle and high school-aged teens, about the importance of water conservation. Our best opportunity to conserve water is through a long-range education and awareness program.
180 St. Lucie County students entered the annual Drop Savers Water Conservation Poster Contest, hosted by Port St. Lucie Utility Systems, in conjunction with the with Florida Section American Water Works Association (FSAWWA)
. Entries were received from students in every grade from kindergarten through 12th
. This is the first time since the contest’s inception in 2016 that students from all grades were represented.
The entries came from 7 different schools, 3 of which are competing in the contest for the first time. Somerset College Preparatory Academy, the Creative Arts Academy of St. Lucie (CAST) and Weatherbee Elementary School are new to the contest. Ivy League Academy, Manatee Academy K-8, Northport K-8 and Dan McCarty Middle School have entered in years past.
The posters were judged on their message, creativity and originality.
Each winner received a $25 Walmart gift card, a shirt with their poster printed on it, plus lots of other great prizes. The students were also recognized for their efforts during a special presentation at the City Council Meeting on April 12.
2021 “Drop Savers” Poster Contest Winners:
· Kindergarten: Adaiah Hamilton, Ivy League Academy
· 1st Grade: Gianna Grasso, CAST
· 2nd Grade: Cecelia Mata Moros-Lima, Weatherbee Elementary
· 3rd Grade: Dalia Rivera-Rodriguez, Weatherbee Elementary
· 4th Grade: Kimora Lauture, Ivy League Academy
· 5th Grade: Larkin Richert, Manatee Academy K-8
· 6th Grade: Maryanna Urbina, Dan McCarty Middle
· 7th Grade: Daniela Ramos, Northport K-8
· 8th Grade: Litza Ortiz, Northport K-8
· 9th Grade: Kayla Seenath, Somerset College Preparatory Academy
· 10th Grade: Isabella Marini, Somerset College Preparatory Academy
· 11th Grade: David Nettleton, Somerset College Preparatory Academy
· 12th Grade: Abdul Agbrere, Somerset College Preparatory Academy
See all entries from the 2021 Drop Saver Water Conservation poster contest here: