November 25, 2020

Cheney, Kansas. Change [your]LOCATION

One Dead After Ingesting Hand Sanitizer

Jul 30, 2020 | ,

(KVHT) – South Dakota health officials reported Thursday that one person has died of methanol poisoning after ingesting hand sanitizer containing methanol. State epidemiologist Josh Clayton also said two other people have been hospitalized with methanol poisoning. The Food and Drug Administration has warned people not to use certain alcohol-based hand sanitizers due to the dangerous presence of methanol, or wood alcohol. It is often used to create fuel and can be toxic when absorbed through the skin, as well as life-threatening when ingested.

More Top Stories

Translate »
Resize Font
Contrast