Golf: Canada’s Mackenzie Tour shuts down season
Canada’s Mackenzie Tour canceled its upcoming season due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Border restrictions, mandatory 14-day quarantines for visitors and gathering restrictions all contributed to the league’s decision announced Friday.
“We’ve weighed all of our options and concluded that it is not feasible to play this summer,” Mackenzie Tour Executive Director Scott Pritchard said in a press release. “With the safety of the communities we play in mind, as well as the well-being of our players, sponsors, tournament-organizing committees, volunteers and golf course staff, we came to the realization that this is the best decision for everyone involved.”
The Mackenzie Tour’s eighth season had been scheduled to begin this week at the Canada Life Open in Vancouver, the first of a record 13 events on the schedule.
–Field Level Media
More Top Stories
President Donald Trump is considering commuting Roger Stone’s sentence just days before his longtime friend and adviser is due to report to prison, a source …read more
“Star Wars” Stormtroopers enforced mask-wearing and Mickey Mouse waved from a distance on Saturday as Florida’s Walt Disney World opened to the public for the …read more
The United Nations Security Council on Saturday approved aid deliveries to Syria through one border crossing from Turkey, a day after its authorization for the …read more
Florida confirmed its place as an emerging epicenter of the COVID pandemic in the United States on Friday by reporting its second sharpest daily rise …read more
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Friday he will sign an executive order on immigration in the next few weeks with a road to citizenship …read more
Police in St. Louis, Missouri, searched the mansion of a couple who brandished guns at protesters marching outside their home last month in widely seen …read more