Traveling Vietnam Memorial Wall @ various Greene County Sites 8/21 -8/25
WYBN TV 14 NEWS – Windham, NY 8/13/2019
WYBN TV 14 is veteran owned & glad to support events like this.
The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall Visits Catskill This Month
Honor Vietnam Veterans at Local Exhibit
CATSKILL, NY (August 13, 2019) – The Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall will be open to the public at the Historic Catskill Point, 1 Main Street in the Village of Catskill from August 22 through August 25. The exhibit is a 3/5 scale of the Memorial in Washington D.C., and features more than 58,000 names of military members who lost their lives during the Vietnam War.
“We are honored to host the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall in Greene County,” said Greene County Tourism Director Heather Bagshaw. “It is an incredible exhibit that gives community members an opportunity to pay their respects locally with their families and friends.”
The following is the schedule for the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall:
- August 21 – Motorcycle Escort Ride of the arrival of the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall throughout Greene County. The escort route, starting at 9:30 a.m., begins in Coxsackie at the D.M. Hamilton Steamer Company #2, goes through several towns including, Earlton, Greenville, Freehold, and Cairo, among others, and ends in Catskill. Free light breakfast, sponsored by D.M. Hamilton Steamer Company, begins at 8 a.m. All are welcome to join the Escort Ride.
- August 22 – Opening Ceremony starting at 11 a.m.
- August 22-25
- Daily Reveille with Posting of the Colors at 0800 (8 a.m.) and Daily Retreat at 1600 (4 p.m.)
- Observance Days open 24 hours with service booths open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. and name locator booth open from 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
- August 25 – Sunset closing ceremony at 7:30 p.m. including Retreat with Echo Taps
Parking for the general public is available at Dutchman’s Landing Park, with transportation to and from the venue. Veteran-only parking is available at Main Street Station and Ferro’s Point, located across the street from the venue.Catskill is the only scheduled location in New York State the Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall will be visiting in 2019.
More Top Stories
Leaders of the Group of Seven wealthy nations will discuss global trade woes at their annual summit on Sunday, likely laying bare a yawning divide …read more
Hong Kong’s airport and the roads and railways leading to it were operating normally early on Saturday despite plans by protesters to implement a “stress …read more
Israel said on Sunday an air strike against an arm of Iran’s Revolutionary Guards in Syria that it accused of planning “killer drone attacks” showed …read more
Hong Kong police said on Sunday they arrested 29 people after clashes overnight in which volleys of tear gas were fired to disperse anti-government protesters, …read more
Officials of a tech company that was awarded a contract to modernize the Nevada Department of Motor Vehicles’ computer system met with the agency’s former …read more
Candy Leach’s voice shook as she recalled being surrounded by fire crews early Saturday, watching in shock as her longtime neighbors were carried out of …read more