Here are 7 reasons why you should eat coconut oil before going to bed
(Natural News) Coconut oil – derived from mature coconut kernels – is considered a superfood, which makes it a great addition to your diet. Although it can be consumed throughout the day, it offers certain benefits when consumed before bed. Here are seven reasons why consuming coconut oil before bed is good for you:
- Coconut oil makes you feel revitalized after waking up: If you had a tiring day or you often still feel tired even after a good sleep, try consuming coconut oil before you sleep. Coconut oil provides energy for a longer time. This could increase your energy levels and make you feel revitalized the next morning. (Related: Coconut Oil – Here’s what you need to know about this amazing rejuvenation and healing oil.)
- Coconut oil keeps your skin healthy: It has been reported that taking coconut oil at night can enhance skin health. It may also prevent the signs of aging, keeping the skin soft, supple, and glowing. In addition, this oil can also improve hair health, making it shiny and strong. You can also use coconut oil topically, which is common. To unlock these benefits, massage your hair, scalp, and body with coconut oil at least once a week.
- Coconut oil is good for your health: Coconut oil contains medium-chain triglycerides (MCT), which help prevent obesity, dyslipidemia, hypertension, and more, according to a study published in the Journal of Neutraceuticals and Functional Foods. In addition, it strengthens the immune system and the cardiovascular system. Because of its high content of healthy fats, coconut oil also helps regulate cholesterol levels, preventing high levels of cholesterol and blood pressure. The phytosterols in coconut oil also contribute to the reduction of bad cholesterol.
- Coconut oil helps you get a good night’s sleep: The healthy fats in coconut oil may also prevent blood sugar spikes, which can interrupt your sleep. In addition, the nutrients in coconut oil also help the body produce good amounts of sleep hormones. Therefore, taking coconut oil before bed can help you sleep better at night.
- Coconut oil may help you lose weight: Taking coconut oil at night might also help you lose weight. This may be due to its MCT content, which keeps you full and satiated after dinner, preventing you from snacking late at night. There is also some evidence that coconut oil helps burn fats and improves metabolism. It also reduces fat levels in the body, especially fats in the abdomen.
- Coconut oil helps retain muscle mass: Although coconut oil may reduce body fat, it does not reduce muscle mass. Instead, it helps maintain muscles — which is great for bodybuilders. In a study published in the Journal of Surgical Research, researchers found that coconut oil stimulates the production and activity of insulin, which is helpful in the absorption of nutrients by muscles.
- Coconut oil wards off diseases: Since coconut oil is light and easy to digest, you are less likely to encounter problems related to digestion. In addition to digestive problems, it can also protect you from viral and bacterial infections. It is believed that coconut oil could strengthen the immune system and prevent diseases, such as influenza, Epstein-Barr viruses, herpes, and candida infections.
To get the best of this natural cure, make sure to choose organic, virgin coconut oil and avoid the refined ones that contain hydrogenated coconut oil. To avoid complications, use it in moderation because it is high in calories.
The power of the elements: Discover Colloidal Silver Mouthwash with quality, natural ingredients like Sangre de Drago sap, black walnut hulls, menthol crystals and more. Zero artificial sweeteners, colors or alcohol. Learn more at the Health Ranger Storeand help support this news site.
More Top Stories
Acting U.S. Defense Secretary Patrick Shanahan on Thursday confirmed that the Pentagon was considering sending additional U.S. troops to the Middle East as one of …read more
Tornadoes killed at least three people in southwest Missouri and slammed into the state capital just before midnight on Wednesday, with rescue workers in Jefferson …read more
The U.S. Justice Department unveiled 17 criminal charges against WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange on Thursday, saying he unlawfully published the names of classified sources and …read more
The United States needs to correct its wrong actions if it wants to continue negotiations with China to end a damaging tariff war, China’s Commerce …read more
John Walker Lindh, the American captured in 2001 fighting for the Taliban, is to be released early from federal prison on Thursday as some U.S. …read more
U.S. House of Representatives and Senate negotiators have reached a deal on a $19.1 billion disaster aid bill that has President Donald Trump’s support, senators …read more