Top 10 health tips from a wellness doctor
(Natural News) Your body is a temple, and it’s up to you to make sure that it’s in tip-top shape. You might think that this requires the use of rigorous training and exercise programs while carefully watching your diet every single day. The truth is, things are not that complicated.
According to one wellness doctor, it’s possible to maximize your chances of a long, strong, and resilient life by following a few simple tips. So if you feel like boosting your own health and fitness levels, then take a look at the advice that he has to offer.
These tips are from Dr. Roy Buchinsky, M.D., director of wellness at University Hospitals Cleveland Medical Center and the Robert and Susan Hurwitz Master Clinician in Wellness.
- Don’t skimp on sleep. Sleep is the most important ingredient of good health, at least according to some experts. And it’s one of the first things that Dr. Buchinsky recommends that you get more of in order to improve your health. In his view, the optimal amount of sleep to aim for per day is around seven to eight hours. That way, you can function at your best and avoid many illnesses that are linked with lack of sleep.
- Control the controllable. There are things in life that you can’t directly control or change no matter how hard you try. Instead, you should focus your energies on the things that you can work on yourself, like your daily routine or what you’re going to eat through the work week.
- Sitting is the new smoking. Have you ever wondered why, sometimes, sleeping too much leaves you feeling too tired? There’s a similar phenomenon going on with sitting, where if you spend too much time each day just plopped on a chair, you’ll encounter several health problems. For this reason, Dr. Buchinsky recommends moving more — specifically out of your chair — everyday.
- Don’t drink your fruit – eat it. According to the doctor, “fruit in its natural form is healthiest.” Therefore, you should always try to consume fruits in non-juice form, if possible.
- Avoid toxins such as tobacco, excess alcohol, and BPA. These are basically harmful chemicals that you should try your best to avoid. The less you encounter them in your daily life, the less harm they can do to you and the environment.
- If the food is white, it’s probably not right. As you go about your day, you’ll have the chance to partake in one or more of the many different kinds of processed carbohydrates — food like white bread, rice, pasta, and pizza. The doctor says you should replace them with brown or other non-white alternatives whenever possible.
- Prevention is the best intervention. As the saying goes, an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure. Regular exercise along with properly taken supplements can go a long way towards preventing the most common illnesses.
- Maintain a gratitude attitude every day. This has more to do with your attitude, as it allows you to look at life in a positive light. If you can accomplish this, you’ll be able to deal with everyday hassles much more easily.
- Take your work seriously, but don’t take yourself too seriously. Learn to laugh at your mistakes and never dwell on them. That way, you are ready to face the next challenge as soon as you complete the one you’re currently facing.
- Don’t sweat the small stuff. Finally, learn to let go. The doctors says that you shouldn’t get upset over every little thing that happens, because after all, those things hardly ever matter when you take a step back and see the bigger picture. There are many “big-ticket” items that deserve your attention more, so you should focus on them instead of worrying about the small stuff.
Mother Nature's micronutrient secret: Organic Broccoli Sprout Capsules now available, delivering 280mg of high-density nutrition, including the extraordinary "sulforaphane" and "glucosinolate" nutrients found only in cruciferous healing foods. Every lot laboratory tested. See availability here.
Hopefully, these tips have helped you appreciate your body more and given you things to remember as you live your life. Taking care of your body is something that you should always be doing anyway, regardless of what year it is. After all, you only have one life, so make the most of it.
To read more on natural ways to improve your health, visit Natural.news.
More Top Stories
Thousands of people opposed to Britain’s withdrawal from the European Union will march through central London on Saturday to demand a new referendum as the …read more
U.S.-backed forces said they had captured Islamic State’s last shred of territory in eastern Syria at Baghouz on Saturday, ending the group’s self-proclaimed caliphate after …read more
French military forces joined police in Paris on Saturday to tackle the nineteenth consecutive weekend of “yellow vest” protests against President Emmanuel Macron’s government.read more
Pakistan wants peace with India and they should focus on health and education, the Pakistani president said on Saturday during a parade to show off …read more
Special Counsel Robert Mueller has handed in a keenly awaited report on his investigation into Russia’s role in the 2016 presidential election and any potential …read more
Rescuers pulled a survivor from rubble early on Saturday in the wake of a massive explosion at a pesticide plant in eastern China that flattened …read more