Essential oils and herbal teas to fight the flu
By Zoey Sky
(Natural News) Instead of relying on prescription drugs associated with negative side effects, there are natural remedies that can help you recover from the flu.
Here are some natural cures that you can try if you’re feeling under the weather.
There are different types of essential oils (EOs) for various conditions. When you have the flu, EOs such as lavender, lemon, or tea tree can help you recover. Use a diffuser or dilute EOs in carrier oil then take a soothing bath. (Related: An essential oil remedy that prevents the flu when SHTF.)
These remedies also use EOs to naturally ease your flu symptoms.
Below is a recipe for a eucalyptus shower bomb.
- 1 cup of baking soda
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/3 cup of lemon juice
- Essential oils of choice (try a combination of eucalyptus and peppermint)
- Water (as needed)
- Muffin tin (or a mini muffin tin)
- Vegetable or almond oil
- In a glass mixing bowl, stir the baking soda and salt with a fork.
- Slowly add the lemon juice to the mixture, which will become fizzy when the acid reacts with the baking soda. Mix well.
- Add the water a few tablespoons at a time until the mixture becomes crumbly and moist like biscuit dough. The mixture must be moist enough to stick together.
- Lightly oil the muffin tin or cookie sheet so the dough doesn’t stick. You can use vegetable oil or almond oil.
- Scoop the dough with a tablespoon, then roll the dough in your hands. Place the dough balls in the muffin tin or cookie sheet. You can also use cookie cutters to shape the dough.
- Bake the shower bombs for 10 to 20 minutes at 350 degrees. Once they’re done, they will look like cookies.
- Gently remove the shower bombs from the muffin tin with a spoon, then let them cool on a clean plate.
- Add three drops of eucalyptus oil and one drop of peppermint oil to each shower bomb as they are cooling. Leave the shower bombs out overnight to cool and harden.
- Store the dried shower bombs in a canning jar. They’ll become more potent and soothing the longer they sit in the jar.
100% organic essential oil sets now available for your home and personal care, including Rosemary, Oregano, Eucalyptus, Tea Tree, Clary Sage and more, all 100% organic and laboratory tested for safety. A multitude of uses, from stress reduction to topical first aid. See the complete listing here, and help support this news site.
The shower bombs will still work even if they become crumbly. This just means that the batch you made needs a bit more liquid. If the shower bombs crumble too much, use a fork to turn them into a powder then scoop out at least two tablespoons into a little dish to place in a steamy shower.
To use a shower bomb, toss it onto the floor of a warm shower. The steam will create a fragrant vapor that can clear your sinuses and offer relief for congestion. The shower bombs can also be added to bathwater in a tub.
Herbal remedies and teas
The following herbal remedies and teas can also help you feel better if you have the flu.
- Elderberry remedies – Elderberries can be used to make different remedies like gummy vitamins, popsicles, syrup, and tea.
- Powerful cold and flu tea – This herbal tea includes dried licorice root, marshmallow root, and mullein leaf.
- Soothing coconut oil tea – This tea is made with coconut oil, raw honey, and essential oils (lemon and lime).
Even if SHTF, you can use these natural cures to feel better in no time.
More Top Stories
The Green New Deal blueprint introduced by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez was crafted by three far-left organizationsread more
Liberal actor Jussie Smollett is accused of staging a racist and anti-gay attack on himself, which Smollett blamed on supporters of President Donald Trump.read more
Thirty-five percent of Americans name the government, poor leadership or politicians as the greatest problem facing the U.S.read more
U.S. President Donald Trump said on Tuesday he wants North Korea to end its nuclear program, but has no pressing time schedule for this, as …read more
Top White House aides ignored repeated warnings they could be breaking the law as they worked with former U.S. officials and a close friend of …read more
President Donald Trump on Tuesday took a step toward creating a U.S. Space Force, a new branch of the military dedicated to handling threats in …read more