Trump adviser Conway accuses woman of assaulting her in restaurant: CNN
WASHINGTON (Reuters) – White House senior adviser Kellyanne Conway said she was assaulted at a Maryland restaurant last year by a woman who grabbed and shook her, an accusation the woman has denied, CNN reported on Friday.
Conway said in an interview with CNN that the incident took place while she was dining out with her daughter at the Mexican restaurant Uncle Julio’s in the Washington suburb of Bethesda, and that the woman grabbed her arms from behind and was “out of control.”
The accused woman, 63-year-old Mary Elizabeth Inabinett, disputed Conway’s account, her lawyer told CNN, saying she did not assault the top White House staffer but expressed her personal opinions to a public figure in a public place.
Inabinett faces state charges of second degree assault and disorderly conduct in an Oct. 14 incident, according to Maryland court records. Her lawyer, William Alden McDaniel, told CNN she will plead not guilty.
The trial is scheduled for trial on March 29, the records showed.
(Writing by Susan Heavey; Editing by Jeffrey Benkoe)
More Top Stories
Clarksville Police release more information about investigation into incident at involving School threatread more
Headlines for Friday, August 23, 2019read more
Billionaire industrialist David Koch, a former executive vice president of conglomerate Koch Industries and a major backer of conservative causes and political candidates, has died, …read more
The Brazilian government lacks the resources to fight a record number of wildfires burning in the Amazon rainforest, President Jair Bolsonaro said on Thursday, weeks …read more
China unveiled on Friday retaliatory tariffs against about $75 billion worth of U.S. goods, marking the latest escalation of a protracted trade dispute between the …read more
A recap of law enforcement reports that aired on True Country Radio 92.7fm the week of 8/19read more