Why you should be eating a banana right before you sleep
By Zoey Sky
(Natural News) If you’re looking for a healthy snack, you can’t go wrong with bananas. They’re full of fiber and potassium, and they’re readily available in local stores or farmers markets. But did you know that in order to fully reap the health benefits of bananas, you should eat them at night?
Bananas are nutritious fruits, and they can even be used as a rice substitute since they are full of carbohydrates. Here are five reasons to eat bananas at night.
- Bananas contain healthy sugar. Sleep is also a bodily function that requires energy. When you consume a banana before going to bed, you help your body prepare energy from a healthy source. This can also ensure that you have better sleep better quality and that you wake up with a healthier body. (Related: Banana stem juice demonstrates antidiabetic potential – study.)
- Bananas contains healthy fiber. The metabolic process takes place at night until early morning, and eating a fiber-rich banana before you turn in for the night can help prevent constipation. Bananas can also help promote regular bowel movements.
- Bananas can improve nutrient absorption. Bananas contain magnesium and potassium, and the body will have an easier time absorbing these nutrients if you eat bananas at night. Both magnesium and potassium are used for the body’s repair process, and they can help meet your nutritional needs for the next day’s activities.
- Bananas promote better sleep. Bananas contain melatonin that can improve the quality of your sleep. Eat bananas at least one hour before you go to bed so you can have a good night’s sleep.
- Bananas relieve cramps. You may experience muscle cramps while you’re sleeping if you are tired after a day of prolonged physical activity. To prevent muscle cramps, eat a banana. The magnesium and potassium in the fruit will help repair muscle damage and cramps.
The power of the elements: Discover Colloidal Silver Mouthwash with quality, natural ingredients like Sangre de Drago sap, black walnut hulls, menthol crystals and more. Zero artificial sweeteners, colors or alcohol. Learn more at the Health Ranger Store and help support this news site.
Eat bananas regularly to enjoy the many health benefits of this yellow fruit.
The science-based benefits of eating bananas
Bananas are a delicious and healthy snack, and they have essential nutrients that are good for your digestion. Bananas can also keep your heart healthy and promote weight loss.
- Bananas are nutritious. Aside from fiber, magnesium, and potassium, they also contain carbohydrates, copper, manganese, and vitamins B6 and C. The fruit contains almost zero fat and very little protein.
- Bananas can help promote weight loss. If you’re trying to lose weight, you can snack on bananas because they are relatively low in calories. A medium-sized banana only has about 100 calories, but it is nutritious and filling.
- Bananas can keep your heart healthy. Potassium is a mineral that’s crucial for heart health and blood pressure control. Full of potassium, a medium-sized banana (118 grams) contains nine percent of the Reference Daily Intake (RDI). Following a diet full of potassium-rich foods can help lower blood pressure, and studies show that individuals who consume plenty of potassium have at least a 27 percent lower risk of heart disease.
- Bananas contain potent antioxidants. Like other fruits and vegetables, bananas have dietary antioxidants such as catechins and dopamine. Both antioxidants are associated with various health benefits like a lower risk of heart disease and degenerative illnesses.
Bananas are the perfect food: They’re nutritious and portable. You can eat them as a snack or as a dessert, and they can help you lose weight naturally. Bananas are also a versatile ingredient, and you can use green or yellow bananas to make different kinds of foods or nutritious smoothies.
Read more articles about the benefits of eating bananas and other fresh fruits at Fruits.news.
More Top Stories
The investigation into the final minutes of Ethiopian Airlines Flight 302 turned on Tuesday to the secrets in the cockpit voice recorder as Boeing and …read more
Federal authorities sought warrants to investigate Michael Cohen’s email accounts in July 2017, nine months before the office and hotel room of U.S. President Donald …read more
After days of intense grieving for New Zealand’s worst-ever mass shooting, attention began to turn to how the country’s gun laws need to change and …read more
A raging fire at a petrochemical storage terminal in Houston has engulfed two more massive tanks after firefighting water pumps stopped working for six hours, …read more
Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro endorsed U.S. President Donald Trump’s immigration agenda on the eve of their first meeting at the White Houseread more
A U.S. jury on Tuesday found Bayer AG’s glyphosate-based weed killer to be a “substantial factor” in causing a man’s non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma, allowing the trial …read more