Studying the anticancer potential of the common plum
By Edsel Cook
(Natural News) A Pakistani study has evaluated the common plum with regards to its potential analgesic, antibacterial, anticancer, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and urease-inhibiting properties. It determined that infusing the edible gum with stabilized gold and silver nanoparticles allowed it to target many different diseases, tissues, and cell types at the same time. The study was conducted by researchers from the Sarhad University of Science and Information Technology. They published their findings in the scientific journal BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine.
- Gold and silver nanoparticles were biosynthesized and characterized using various techniques. Edible gum was obtained from common plum trees as a delivery mechanism.
- The synthetic stability of the nanoparticles was analyzed against the gum and metal ion levels, reaction temperature, and time. They also studied the nanoparticles’ post-synthetic stability against different pH and saline conditions, extended storage periods, and extreme temperatures.
- The nanoparticle-infused gum was applied to HeLa cervical cancer cells, three different bacteria, jack-bean urease, mice with carrageenan-induced paw edema, and abdominal constriction response. Their anticancer, antibacterial, urease inhibition, anti-inflammatory, and antinociceptive activities were recorded.
- Gold and silver nanoparticles demonstrated anticancer potential. They selectively suppressed the growth of all three bacteria and inhibited jack-bean urease.
- Nanoparticle doses improved paw edema and carrageenan-induced inflammation better than gum alone. Similar nanoparticle dosages matched the effectiveness of the gum in reducing abdominal constriction.
The researchers concluded that nanoparticles integrated into the gum from the common plum possess an advantage in treating multigenic diseases that affect more than one type of tissue or cell.
The full text of the study can be read here.
Get more news about natural cures at NaturalCures.news.
Islam NU, Amin R, Shahid M, Amin M, Zaib S, Iqbal J. A MULTI-TARGET THERAPEUTIC POTENTIAL OF PRUNUS DOMESTICA GUM STABILIZED NANOPARTICLES EXHIBITED PROSPECTIVE ANTICANCER, ANTIBACTERIAL, UREASE-INHIBITION, ANTI-INFLAMMATORY AND ANALGESIC PROPERTIES. BMC Complementary and Alternative Medicine. 2017;17(1). DOI: 10.1186/s12906-017-1791-3.
More Top Stories
The woman accusing Brett Kavanaugh, President Donald Trump’s U.S. Supreme Court nominee, of sexual assault told a Senate committee she would be willing to testify …read more
The United States is assessing China’s response to the Trump administration’s latest round of tariffs and does not have a scheduled date to announce for …read more
GENERATION BEING BORN NOW IS THE LAST TO BE FREE – ASSANGE IN LAST INTERVIEW BEFORE BLACKOUT (VIDEO)
Says it will soon be impossible for any human not be included in global databasesread more
The United States is getting “very, very close” to having to move forward on its trade deal with Mexico without Canada, White House economic adviser …read more
Payments processor PayPal Holdings Inc said on Friday it decided to end its business relationship with popular U.S. conspiracy theorist Alex Jones’s Infowars website after …read more
Flooding across the Carolinas in the aftermath of Hurricane Florence, which has killed 36 people, was expected to worsen over the next couple of days, …read more